TEAM Small Grant Fund
Thank you to everyone who applied for the small grant fund. We had a great response, with a variety of projects targeting health and well being across the mid nottinghamshire district. Following on from a thorough scoring process, 6 successful applicants were awarded a grant. These are:
- Rhubarb Farm – Independent Living Course for people with multiple and complex needs. Healthy living, personal safety, sexual and mental health, drug & alcohol awareness.
- Reach learning Disability – Improve lifestyle choices (diet and exercise, confidence building and social connections) for adults with learning disabilities and their carers. Raise awareness around increased risk of Diabetes and other serious health problems to the wider LD community through a number of initiatives including a facebook group, health champions and social connections.
- Hettys – Workshops to promote health & wellbeing for substance users and their families. Increase understanding of addiction, improve well being and introduce coping strategies.
- APTCOO – Project based learning for young people with SEND and/or physical disability to develop personal and vocational skills. To support client’s transition into adulthood, develop independent and healthy lifestyles and support skills for gaining employment.
- SHE UK – Life skills course for survivors of sexual abuse, covering social skills, confidence building, healthy living, self care tools & employability.
- Headway Nottingham – Drama & Art Therapy initiatives for people with brain injuries and their carers. The workshops will introduce new methods for rehabilitation, increase self awareness of the condition and engagement of support networks to improve coping mechanisms, reduce stress and anxiety and improve well being.
Projects range from 6 weeks to 9 months and will be monitored and evaluated by the organisations and TEAM against the project outcomes. We have introduced the projects to the Alliance Leadership Board and members will be kept up to date on the progress made. This is a great opportunity to highlight the variety and quality of care and support that the third sector can provide both to our communities, as well as in support of our health services.
Bid Writing Workshops
Following on from the Small Grant Fund application process, TEAM would like to offer FREE bid writing training for all registered organisations to assist in future funding applications. Mansfield CVS will be delivering the workshop, followed by one to one support with individuals, if required, to work through your specific application.
Additional workshop will be added if interest exceeds the current availability.